This is a great warm winter soup. It takes only 30 minutes to cook, but it vanishes even faster than it took you to cook
Cooking time 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serves 4 people.
- 1/2 lb minced meat (pork, or veal, or chicken, or turkey)
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 medium potatoes
- 8 button mushrooms
- green onions (2-3 sprouts)
- dill (1/2 cup of chopped dill)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 pinches of Italian seasoning
- couple bay leaves
- 3 qt of water.
- 1/4 lb of thin spaghetti
- 3 slices of cheese (provolone or swiss)
- Step 1: Prepare your minced meat by adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pinch of Italian seasoning and 1/4 of a chopped onion.
- Step 2: Set a 4 qt. pan filled with 3 qt. of water on a stove.
- Step 3: Wait until the water starts boiling, form mid-sized meatballs and put them into the boiling water. Turn the heat to medium.
- Step 4: Peel your potatoes, wash and cut in mid sized pieces.
- Step 5: Add your potatoes to the meatballs, then add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Step 6: Wash your mushrooms, cut in quarters and add to your soup.
- ***Tip from Helen** It is better to cut mushrooms in quarters, this way they will keep more flavor!***
- Step 7: Boil the spaghetti in a different pan, when cooked, drain, cover your spaghetti with cheese slices and let it melt. Set aside.
- Step 8: Wash your onion sprouts,dill and finely chop it.
- Step 9: When your potatoes and meatballs are ready, add the dill and spring onion. (In about 25 minutes from the time you started cooking the soup) and turn the gas off.
- Step 10. When you wish to serve your soup add spaghetti with cheese into the plates first and then pour the soup.
- Enjoy your warm hearty soup!: