- Mistakes to avoid when cooking holiday dinner
- Sweet and sour turkey, chicken or pork flavorful marinade.
- Apple and prunes mustard stuffing for turkey chicken or duck.
- 12 Cookies of Christmas: Sugar cookies
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries! Easy in 1-2-3!
- Top 5 holiday vegan dishes. Pick yours!
- Aspic or meat jelly – famous Slavic Dish!
- Crepes with chicken, mushrooms and melted cheese
- Roasted eggplant slices with mayo-herb sauce
Eggplants are the best source of…
Serves 5 people
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
For the recipe you will need:
2 large eggplants
4 medium tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes
½ cup of parsley
½ cup of dill
½ cup of mayo
1-2 cloves of garlic (optional)
Salt, pepper per your taste
2/3 cup of shredded cheese
Preheat the oven at 350F. Wash the eggplants and put them in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
Take the eggplant out and let them cool down. Slice the eggplant, the slices should be approximately 1/3 inch thin.
Put the eggplant slices on a plate or a tray that you will serve it on, season with sea salt or regular salt and black pepper.
Prepare the sauce for your eggplants: take ½ cup of mayo, add half of the herbs you chopped (dill and parsley), mix with finely chopped clove or two cloves of garlic (optional). I usually cook this dish with garlic, but if you will omit the garlic ingredient this dish will still be delicious and rich. Add some salt and pepper to the sauce mix everything very well and spread over your slices of eggplant.
Slice the tomatoes or cherry tomatoes and put it on top of the mayo sauce layer and cover the tomatoes with a thin layer of the mayo sauce again. Decorate everything with shredded cheese and the rest of herbs.
Serve the dish warm or cooled down.
Short URL: http://tinyit.cc/9908c Tweet: