- Mistakes to avoid when cooking holiday dinner
- Sweet and sour turkey, chicken or pork flavorful marinade.
- Apple and prunes mustard stuffing for turkey chicken or duck.
- 12 Cookies of Christmas: Sugar cookies
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries! Easy in 1-2-3!
- Top 5 holiday vegan dishes. Pick yours!
- Aspic or meat jelly – famous Slavic Dish!
- Crepes with chicken, mushrooms and melted cheese
- Roasted eggplant slices with mayo-herb sauce
Easy sweet and sour marinade for the turkey, chicken or pork chops. You will never buy marinade after you try this recipe. it’s so simple, flavorful and everything is under yourcontrol: the amount of herbs and garlic, the sweetness, the sourness…Enjoy!
1 cup of olive oil (good for one 12 lb hen turkey)
½ cup of fresh chives;
½ cup of parsley (optional)
2 cloves of garlic (large, optional)
1 tablespoon of dry oregano
1 tablespoon of dry paprika
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning (optional)
1 tablespoon of cumin
2 tablespoons of white wine and herbs mix (optional).
Mix olive oil and lemon and orange juice. Whisk in dry herbs and freshly chopped chives, lemon basil and parsley.
Let the marinade stand for 15-20 minutes.
Then marinade your turkey or chicken by at first rubbing in the mix and then pouring it on top of the bird and turning it in the marinade couple times.
Don’t forget to turn your bird every 4-5 hours, this way the meat will absorb more juices.
Don’t use not boiled marinade in other dishes as it may be dangerous.
If you want to incorporate the rest of the marinade in the other dishes boil it first.