- Simple fast salad with romaine, tomato and pickles
- Apple and carrot delicious 2 minute salad.
- Tomato, Onion and Lemon basil vinaigrette
- Warm apple salad with chicken breast, tomato and romaine.
- Stuffed cucumber salad (old recipe from 1927 newspaper)
- Rice and Crab salad fast and easy!
- Tomato and avocado salad
- Olivier salad: simple salad recipe you will love
- Healthy and Easy Vegan beet salad with prunes!
- Seafood salad “Starfish”!
- Chicken and corn salad
This is a traditional recipe for the parties and holidays in Slavic countries. No one knows where it came to former Soviet countries from,(we were a huge country with closed borders for decades), but this was the main salad of every celebration in almost every family for decades.
I cook this salad very rarely and mainly in autumn and winter, as I consider this salad too conservative and even boring to cook it very often. I always experiment with the ingredients as it’s always good to have a different taste of the same well known dish.
Cooking time 35 minutes.
For the salad you will need:
2-3 medium potatoes boiled
1-2 eggs hard boiled
1 medium carrot boiled
2-3 tablespoons of pickled peppers (optional)
3-4 sausages or a cup of chopped ham or chicken breast
1/4 white onion
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
2-3 tablespoons of canned peas
3 tablespoons of mayo (light)
Step 2: Peel a potato and a carrot. Shell an egg(s)
Chop cornichons and pickled pepper, mix everything.
***Tip from Helen*** The meat may also be substituted with mushrooms. canned in water or fried mushrooms, the taste will be different. Pickled peppers aren’t a must.For dressing you may combine mayo and sour cream or mayo and ranch dressing. Don’t make the dressing too sour though.***